Announcement

Collapse

Please follow all LEGAL requirements for state and federal transfers

Notice:
This forum, and it's managers, admins, and moderators, do not condone or encourage any illegal activity, whatsoever. You MUST follow all state and federal requirements with regard to the transfer of guns of any sort.

Inter-State transfer of any guns, whether long guns or hand guns, requires the intervention of a FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer. Background checks MUST be done during the course of those transfers. Any felon or other person not qualified to receive a gun, should not seek to trade for a gun. Any suspected illegal activity here will be forwarded to the appropriate authorities for prosecution.

It is the responsibility of the all traders to proceed with any gun trades carefully and legally. This forum provides for only a method of communication between parties. And, neither your participation here, nor any trades that you arrange, create any real or implied legal implication of the forum, it's admins, managers, or moderators. We are not a party to your trade arrangements.
See more
See less

Can items on Cast Boolits be cross posted here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can items on Cast Boolits be cross posted here?

Or is Cast Boolits still an exclusive listing?

CastBoolits has VERY strict rules about no cross posting.

Here's the issue:

Let's presume that you post in both places...........

Someone here finds it first, and trades for it. Your listing at castboolits doesn't get updated fast enough, and then someone there finds that listing, and wants it. You reply to the CB person , "Sorry..... I traded it already on another forum........"

That will be an infraction, and just generally piss other people (at CB ) off.

So, CB is still, and always an exclusive listing.

While there is a lot of over lap of item types here and at CB, think of this place as a place for the items where items that would not be allowed at CB (fishing, boats, whatever). You can trade just bout anything here. Not so at CB.

Likewise, we'd also prefer that you NOT cross post anything here that is already posted anywhere else. GunLOad Master is still working on the official rule set for this forum. IT will be looser than CB's rules, but there still has to be some logistical rules to keep problems at minimum.
    Administrator/Moderator - SwapArms Forum

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    Author of a book on reloading

Comment

OK, not a problem. But that makes posting casting items here pretty foolish since the traffic will be over on Cast Boolits.

Comment

You can post items for sale or trade here on this forum that CB does not allow to be listed. Try posting handtools or clothing for trade or sale on CB and see how long the ad stays up.
        WWGWD.

Comment

I still need to get a solid set of rules here. It will take me a little while to get them sorted out with everything i have going on, but hopefully soon.

Comment

its only fair to the buyer . if he posts a ill take it first, he /she should be able to buy ,said item .
            i know if i did post it i would be minimum dissapointed / maximum pissed .. and we are all friends here / nuff said
            Daniel Germann 1863 in his civil war uniform my great great grandfather.. lost his left arm from a musket ball in the war

Comment

Rules are getting updated now. See the Rules Post.

Comment

NO....... in a word.
                Daniel Germann 1863 in his civil war uniform my great great grandfather.. lost his left arm from a musket ball in the war

Comment

Geez Bob, DukeInMaine answered the question in the second post.

The board was new, and the rules weren't clear. I'm good with the decision.

Comment

That is really the best option for the benefit of the members on here.

Comment

Originally posted by imashooter2 View Post
                      Geez Bob, DukeInMaine answered the question in the second post.

The board was new, and the rules weren't clear. I'm good with the decision.
                      just jumping in there nothing personal , it just isnt fair if you think you are the first one to say ill take it , and find out it is sold , bummer when it happens to you and no reflection on you we are all good here and i appreciate you asking the ?

Comment

I just don't see the issue.

If someone posts an I'll take it in my ad here, but someone else has a PM a minute before the post in open forum, the PM wins. The guy that posted in open forum may well be unhappy about it. Should I favor the post in open forum? The guy with the winning time stamp on his PM is pretty sure to disagree with that philosophy. You simply cannot please all of the people all of the time.

Likewise, if I were to list an item on 14 different boards, the person that claims it first is first.

There are many, many boards that allow items to be listed that are also for sale elsewhere. The sales forums there work just as smoothly as they do here.

But the rules here are the rules and bottom line, by choosing to sell here I choose to obey the rules.

Comment

i too can see your point , as a seller i can see the advantage .. , as a buyer i can see someone get offended , im just glad if i post an ill take it , and i see im first . i know i can buy it , then and there.. , i wont have to wait a day for someone to tell me , oh it already sold ... sorry/
                          I do know you are an honest and straight shooter , as you gave me a square deal on some 30 cal bullets in a swap ..
                          Last edited by badbobgerman; 04-06-2013, 11:24 PM.

Comment

I understand what the intent is, but that isn't the reality. There is a sticky over on Cast Boolits regards PMs versus open forum posts that started after someone got his knickers in a twist after being beat out for an item by a PM. Unhappiness is going to happen. I've been beat by faster typists and by PMs and by reasons I'll never know. Anyone that buys on forums either has or will be in that position. Most folks are mature enough to handle disappointment, some aren't.

Comment

agreed.....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎