Announcement

Collapse

Please follow all LEGAL requirements for state and federal transfers

Notice:
This forum, and it's managers, admins, and moderators, do not condone or encourage any illegal activity, whatsoever. You MUST follow all state and federal requirements with regard to the transfer of guns of any sort.

Inter-State transfer of any guns, whether long guns or hand guns, requires the intervention of a FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer. Background checks MUST be done during the course of those transfers. Any felon or other person not qualified to receive a gun, should not seek to trade for a gun. Any suspected illegal activity here will be forwarded to the appropriate authorities for prosecution.

It is the responsibility of the all traders to proceed with any gun trades carefully and legally. This forum provides for only a method of communication between parties. And, neither your participation here, nor any trades that you arrange, create any real or implied legal implication of the forum, it's admins, managers, or moderators. We are not a party to your trade arrangements.
See more
See less

which tumbler to get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS pin tumbling works great on rifle brass.
    Tips:
    1) Remove primers for a more thorough cleaning job.
    2) I have modified my system for pin tumbling to now include a drying step.
    3) I use a cheap Harbor Freight food dehydrator, and dry the brass completely dry in under an hour. Brass comes out of the dehydrator too hot to handle. REALLY bone dry!
    4) The brass is spotless, but susceptible to oxidation.
    5) I then tumble in NuFinish car polish fopr 1/2 hour to coat the brass with the polymer finish. Stays bright and shiny for months, even in the humid Florida air.
    Administrator/Moderator - SwapArms Forum

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    Author of a book on reloading

Comment

Know anyone who's got a cement mixer? A friend used to tumble 5000 rds of .45 acp at a time for me, using Jeweler's rouge and chopped up corncobs. He'd let it run all night and they'd look shiny-new.

Comment

Originally posted by DukeInFlorida View Post
        SS pin tumbling works great on rifle brass.
        Tips:
        1) Remove primers for a more thorough cleaning job.
        2) I have modified my system for pin tumbling to now include a drying step.
        3) I use a cheap Harbor Freight food dehydrator, and dry the brass completely dry in under an hour. Brass comes out of the dehydrator too hot to handle. REALLY bone dry!
        4) The brass is spotless, but susceptible to oxidation.
        5) I then tumble in NuFinish car polish fopr 1/2 hour to coat the brass with the polymer finish. Stays bright and shiny for months, even in the humid Florida air.
        Does this cause any failure to extract issues in semi-autos?

I wonder if a toaster oven would work for #2?

Comment

Thumbler's tumbler. I've used one for 40+ years. Rocks, brass and anything in between. corncobs or walnut shells.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎