Announcement

Collapse

Please follow all LEGAL requirements for state and federal transfers

Notice:
This forum, and it's managers, admins, and moderators, do not condone or encourage any illegal activity, whatsoever. You MUST follow all state and federal requirements with regard to the transfer of guns of any sort.

Inter-State transfer of any guns, whether long guns or hand guns, requires the intervention of a FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer. Background checks MUST be done during the course of those transfers. Any felon or other person not qualified to receive a gun, should not seek to trade for a gun. Any suspected illegal activity here will be forwarded to the appropriate authorities for prosecution.

It is the responsibility of the all traders to proceed with any gun trades carefully and legally. This forum provides for only a method of communication between parties. And, neither your participation here, nor any trades that you arrange, create any real or implied legal implication of the forum, it's admins, managers, or moderators. We are not a party to your trade arrangements.
See more
See less

Beautiful Vintage Westley Richards 12 bore Droplock for TRADE - Acoustic Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Vintage Westley Richards 12 bore Droplock for TRADE - Acoustic Guitar

OK, this is a bit of a flier, but I have a BEAUTIFUL Westley Richards 12 gauge droplock. This is a very fine, English vintage shotgun. Built between 1908 and 1924, and reproofed/rechambered (2 3/4") so you can actually shoot this gun! If you've ever wanted to upgrade to a TOP shelf classic gun for hunting pheasants, doves, you name it - this is your chance (although candidly, this is not a gun I would take into the duck blind ;-) This is a special gun for a few reasons - i) single, selective trigger (an amazing innovation for an early 20th century gun; ii) Westley Richards "drop locks" - field removable/replaceable locks and iii) it's gorgeous. Details:

LOP: 14 1/2" to checkered but
    Slight cast off
    Proofed for 1 1/8 oz loads
    Chambered 2 3/4 (opened up after manufacture - shotguns of this vintage were almost always chambered 2 1/2"
    Beautiful lightly figured walnut stock
    Absolutely clean/tight - no rust, traces of original case color

You should be able to see pics in my Dropbox folder here.

You will see these guns come up at auction between $12K - $14K.

Here's the flier - I want to TRADE this gun for an acoustic guitar of similar value - vintage Martin, vintage Gibson, custom Taylor are my primary goals.

Do you still have the gun? I may be able to accommodate you.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎