Announcement

Collapse

Please follow all LEGAL requirements for state and federal transfers

Notice:
This forum, and it's managers, admins, and moderators, do not condone or encourage any illegal activity, whatsoever. You MUST follow all state and federal requirements with regard to the transfer of guns of any sort.

Inter-State transfer of any guns, whether long guns or hand guns, requires the intervention of a FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer. Background checks MUST be done during the course of those transfers. Any felon or other person not qualified to receive a gun, should not seek to trade for a gun. Any suspected illegal activity here will be forwarded to the appropriate authorities for prosecution.

It is the responsibility of the all traders to proceed with any gun trades carefully and legally. This forum provides for only a method of communication between parties. And, neither your participation here, nor any trades that you arrange, create any real or implied legal implication of the forum, it's admins, managers, or moderators. We are not a party to your trade arrangements.
See more
See less

WC867 Military 8lb Keg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WC867 Military 8lb Keg

I have seen this on Wideners reloading & i wonder if it would shoot flat in my 300 RUM .It says on Wideners to use the loaddata for the Accurate 8700 it's new powder not pulled or reclaimed have any of you fella reloaders ever used any WC867 .RETUMBO has thus been the best powder for my 300RUM & if the WC867 would shoot good in my rifle it would last for a good spell . Guys tell everything any of ya know about this WC867 . When i first got my 300RUM i thought it was defective i have used the Ramshot MAGNUM for years but it gave me no accuracy & caused the primers to back out & puddle badly here is the load i started out with the MAGNUM 90.0 grains the start charge is 87.8 & the max load is 97.5 so i know that the loads werent hot at all a fella told me to get that Hodgdon RETUMBO & it's shot as good as a old 22lr eversince .What do ya fellas think about me trying the WC867 i know it's up to me i just want some who has used this powder WC867 in there loads

My experience is only with faster surplus powders like 4895, WC844 WC846. The Cast Boolits forum is an outstanding site for information about surplus powders. Check out past threads in the Canister & Surplus Powder section or join and post. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/
    Good luck
    Last edited by wolfspotter; 12-03-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I have used it in my 8MM Remington Magnum and 200 grain bullets. I'm able to get 3,200 fps and pressures are still under 65,000 psi.
      I cannot say it is the most accurate powder in my '8,but it works well. I had some unburnt powder in the bore but not as bad as other "big Bore" surplus powders I have tried.
      It does not like to be compressed tightly. It can be spiky so work up to you max load in one grain increments.

Comment

I have used WC 860 and WC872, but not the 867. The 860 works well in a variety of cartridges, from 260 Rem to 264 WM and 300 Wby. I plan on using the 872 in a 6.5 RUM, once I get wood fitted to it. You will need to use Fed 215 primer. I don't think you can get into pressure problems before you run out of case capacity. I'm guessing this is a ball powder??

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎