Announcement

Collapse

Please follow all LEGAL requirements for state and federal transfers

Notice:
This forum, and it's managers, admins, and moderators, do not condone or encourage any illegal activity, whatsoever. You MUST follow all state and federal requirements with regard to the transfer of guns of any sort.

Inter-State transfer of any guns, whether long guns or hand guns, requires the intervention of a FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer. Background checks MUST be done during the course of those transfers. Any felon or other person not qualified to receive a gun, should not seek to trade for a gun. Any suspected illegal activity here will be forwarded to the appropriate authorities for prosecution.

It is the responsibility of the all traders to proceed with any gun trades carefully and legally. This forum provides for only a method of communication between parties. And, neither your participation here, nor any trades that you arrange, create any real or implied legal implication of the forum, it's admins, managers, or moderators. We are not a party to your trade arrangements.
See more
See less

Making a gun part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a gun part

I found out the hard way it's not a good idea to let the hammer drop full force with the slide is removed from an AMT AutoMag III. Bent the part of hammer strut that goes into the hammer spring. It bent where it meets the tombstone shaped piece about 30 degrees. I straightened it out but a crack has started where it bent. Not having a lot of luck finding one, High Standard, Numrich, Midway & Brownells are out of stock. Thinking about drilling & filing one out of suitable thickness cold rolled steel strap.
    I figure the hole for the pin is pretty critical, diameter-wise, but if the strap thickness is the same I think I could drill first, then trace the old piece and file away until it matches. Am I looking at this wrong or are there any things I should be considering?
    The part on right is like mine, 'tombstone' section is 1/4 x 1/2 inch roughly. I didn't mike it yet for hole diameter or thickness. The outer edge on one side is slightly thinner/rounded making me think it was a stamped part. Any suggestion would help.
    image.jpg
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎