Announcement

Collapse

Please follow all LEGAL requirements for state and federal transfers

Notice:
This forum, and it's managers, admins, and moderators, do not condone or encourage any illegal activity, whatsoever. You MUST follow all state and federal requirements with regard to the transfer of guns of any sort.

Inter-State transfer of any guns, whether long guns or hand guns, requires the intervention of a FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer. Background checks MUST be done during the course of those transfers. Any felon or other person not qualified to receive a gun, should not seek to trade for a gun. Any suspected illegal activity here will be forwarded to the appropriate authorities for prosecution.

It is the responsibility of the all traders to proceed with any gun trades carefully and legally. This forum provides for only a method of communication between parties. And, neither your participation here, nor any trades that you arrange, create any real or implied legal implication of the forum, it's admins, managers, or moderators. We are not a party to your trade arrangements.
See more
See less

WTB - 98/FN Barrels - MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB - 98/FN Barrels - MN

Am trying to finish up several FN/98 Mauser rifle projects. Looking for sporter or heavy sporter takeoffs in 257 R, 25-06, 338/06 or out of the ordinary calibers.

PLEASE ......NO 30-06, 308, 270, 8x57 or military issue barrels!

And YES...I do know I can buy them from Brownell's or Midway. But what's the fun in that!

Have lots of reloading dies, reloading equipment, rings, bases, some rifle barrels as well as cash to trade.

Thanks,

Andre`

.243 Winchester do you any good?

Comment

would prefer something larger, thank you.

Andre`

Comment

Originally posted by lkydvl View Post
        would prefer something larger, thank you.

Andre`
        I hear ya. I'm trying to get mine up to .35 Whelan, but no $$ for it right now.

Comment

Got a winchester Model 670 barrel in 30-06 from a project i built on the action....barrel is 22" if I remember...may be 24...would have to dig out of safe to confirm...barrel is in excellent condition...maybe 50 rounds thru it...looking for some Dillon SDB dies in 44 mag, also interested in bullet molds and casting related stuff....let me know if you are interested
          Thanks,
          Don

Comment

I doubt it, right in the post it says no 30-06, 8 mauser yada yada...

Comment

338 Rum is correct. In addition it doesn't fit a 98.

Comment

When you say you have a lot of reloading dies to trade, any chance you may have a set of 32 Remington dies? Or even just the FL die..

Comment

Originally posted by punk427 View Post
                  When you say you have a lot of reloading dies to trade, any chance you may have a set of 32 Remington dies? Or even just the FL die..
                  Sorry...no 32 Rem dies

Comment

How about a 98 Mauser sporter barrel in 8x54KJ? It came off an old German sporter rifle.

****no longer available****
                    Last edited by Uncle Grinch; 09-23-2013, 07:27 PM.
                    Shoot Safe,

Mike

Comment

I have a 6-284 that is threaded for a Turk or Mex Mauser

Comment

Thanks, but I have completed those 98s.

Comment

8mm-06 set of RCBS dies. Also have a barrel. I liked it a great deal more than the 338-06, but I don't see enough gain over the 8x57. Down side- barrel is a military step. You would want to take a thread off the barrel and set it back. Make a semi-reasonable offer on both and they are yours!- Please disregard as they are now sold.
                          Last edited by Zingger; 10-13-2019, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎