Announcement

Collapse

Please follow all LEGAL requirements for state and federal transfers

Notice:
This forum, and it's managers, admins, and moderators, do not condone or encourage any illegal activity, whatsoever. You MUST follow all state and federal requirements with regard to the transfer of guns of any sort.

Inter-State transfer of any guns, whether long guns or hand guns, requires the intervention of a FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer. Background checks MUST be done during the course of those transfers. Any felon or other person not qualified to receive a gun, should not seek to trade for a gun. Any suspected illegal activity here will be forwarded to the appropriate authorities for prosecution.

It is the responsibility of the all traders to proceed with any gun trades carefully and legally. This forum provides for only a method of communication between parties. And, neither your participation here, nor any trades that you arrange, create any real or implied legal implication of the forum, it's admins, managers, or moderators. We are not a party to your trade arrangements.
See more
See less

Post up you favorite cleaning solvents and Lube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooters Choice for all my guns

Comment

Hoppe's #9! 'Nuff said!

Comment

Lsa lsa ")

Comment

I've used froglube clp (both liquid and paste) on pistols with a very positive result.

Recently I've been using sentry's smooth coat and tuff glide, especially on rimfires and heavy fouling parts. Pleased with the results, though often not as great a lube as I'd like at times. The drylube properties make cleaning the rimfires much nicer.

I stopped with the gunscrubber and similar, and went with brake cleaner. I swear it is the same stuff, but less expensive. Not a normal part of my cleaning, but often used for a new milsurp.

Of course I have #9 and Breakfree, mostly for center-fire rifles now.

Comment

I just started using fireclean man that stuff kicks the crap outta carbon build up

Comment

Hoppes #9 works for me. I use it on the long guns and short handguns.

Comment

Hoppe's #9

Comment

For a general purpose lube, try ATF (Dexron II or III) all by itself. That's right, regular Automatic Transmission Fluid. Early automatic transmissions used sperm whale oil, which quickly became impractical during WWII and eventually illegal. The automotive industry went into hyper-drive to create a synthetic sperm oil, and ATF was the result. Many professional mechanics soak their pneumatic tools in ATF overnight, and they typically outlast one that isn't soaked/lubed with ATF by threefold, at least. ATF is one of the components of Ed's Red - both the bore cleaner and oil.

ATF does most anything that an oil that doesn't contain Teflon can do, and it's substantially cheaper than gun oil. What's not to like?
                  'I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more, Toto!' Dorothy, in The Wizard of Oz

Comment

Bore Tech CU2 Copper Solvent. Superb!

Comment

Kano Kroil- Cleaning and deleading - also use it in a Ultrasonic bath for the pistols, parts and SLC2D22 Supressor
                      https://secure.concentric.com/kanola...r_google.shtml -

Remington Rem Oil with Teflon for lube & protection

Comment

Was using Mobil 1, Trans fluid and conventional gun oils. No apparent problems or need to change but then I tried dry lubes in one Marlin 1894CB 45 LC and one Ruger Vaquero, also a 45. The action is slick; maybe better, not worse, in what was already a good quick lever action. The big difference is how clean it is. The dryness doesn't hold debris. It's remarkable.
                        First I used Liquid Wrench Dry Lubricant aerosol and then Dupont Teflon Silicone Lubricant in a squeeze bottle. I clean the heck out of the guns with a spray cleaner so there isn't any oil in the action before using the Dry Lubricants. With the squueze bottle I can better saturate hard to reach nooks and crannies.
                        IMG_20140127_021413_783~-picsay.jpgIMG_20140127_021343_644~-picsay.jpgIMG_20140127_021337_-picsay~01.jpg
                        Last edited by meeesterpaul; 01-27-2014, 12:41 AM.

Comment

I have always been a big fan of Ed's Red but lately I have been transitioning over to Frog Lube.

Comment

Ballistol and CLP are what work for me.
                            Life is a gift, not a choice.

Comment

I have used a 50/50% solution of acetone (100% acetone fingernail polish remover Dollar Store $1.25)
                              and ATV fluid for 55 years and tried most others and the mixture works just as well (nothing better) and cost less. Use what you think is best for your needs but when you buy the expensive fluids you pay for the container, packaging labor, and advertising not better performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎