Announcement

Collapse

Please follow all LEGAL requirements for state and federal transfers

Notice:
This forum, and it's managers, admins, and moderators, do not condone or encourage any illegal activity, whatsoever. You MUST follow all state and federal requirements with regard to the transfer of guns of any sort.

Inter-State transfer of any guns, whether long guns or hand guns, requires the intervention of a FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer. Background checks MUST be done during the course of those transfers. Any felon or other person not qualified to receive a gun, should not seek to trade for a gun. Any suspected illegal activity here will be forwarded to the appropriate authorities for prosecution.

It is the responsibility of the all traders to proceed with any gun trades carefully and legally. This forum provides for only a method of communication between parties. And, neither your participation here, nor any trades that you arrange, create any real or implied legal implication of the forum, it's admins, managers, or moderators. We are not a party to your trade arrangements.
See more
See less

echo dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• echo dies

Does any one know where to buy decapping pins for echo 30 carbine dies? Thanks for any input.

try rcbs do they fit ? i understand echo made the jr2 rams for rcbs way back when .. dont know any more ,
    Daniel Germann 1863 in his civil war uniform my great great grandfather.. lost his left arm from a musket ball in the war

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I did try rcbs pins too big ,tried hornady tried lyman all too big Maybe I can get it drilled out ???? Maybe to hard .

Comment

not a bad idea drill with a carbide bit start small... hard to put it back
        Daniel Germann 1863 in his civil war uniform my great great grandfather.. lost his left arm from a musket ball in the war

Comment

I have a set of echo dies in 300 savage.....maybe decapping pin would work in your dies?

Comment

shaggybull, my decapping pin is .60 , the head is .124. Don't know what size yours are ? Maybe they are the same.

Comment

What is too big on the other pins? If it is the head, just chuck it in a hand drill and run it against a file for a bit...

Comment

the pin it's self is too big . rcbs small pin is ok but no head.

Comment

my decapping pin is 0.62 and head 0.113

Comment

Hmm...If I'm picturing it right, you could use the rcbs small pin with a lee type decapping rod nut? gives the ability to have a little slack if its a little undersized. Either that or you could check diamentions of the oldschool lyman 310 type? Usually find that stuff on ebay.

another idea would be if your press takes the standard 7/8-14 dies, you could get a universal decapping die from lee for around $20 and then just use the die you have to size.
                    Last edited by punk427; 07-01-2013, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I have an Echo set and lots of parts. I'll see what might work and send something your way. In a pinch I have used a finish nail...

Comment

I did get the lee decapping die . It works great!!!

Comment

Dillon makes a decapping pin with a head. Try that.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/con..._Package_of_10
                          Administrator/Moderator - SwapArms Forum

NRA Life Member
                          NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                          Author of a book on reloading

Comment

lyman decapping pins with head work great .

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎