Announcement

Collapse

Please follow all LEGAL requirements for state and federal transfers

Notice:
This forum, and it's managers, admins, and moderators, do not condone or encourage any illegal activity, whatsoever. You MUST follow all state and federal requirements with regard to the transfer of guns of any sort.

Inter-State transfer of any guns, whether long guns or hand guns, requires the intervention of a FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer. Background checks MUST be done during the course of those transfers. Any felon or other person not qualified to receive a gun, should not seek to trade for a gun. Any suspected illegal activity here will be forwarded to the appropriate authorities for prosecution.

It is the responsibility of the all traders to proceed with any gun trades carefully and legally. This forum provides for only a method of communication between parties. And, neither your participation here, nor any trades that you arrange, create any real or implied legal implication of the forum, it's admins, managers, or moderators. We are not a party to your trade arrangements.
See more
See less

Welcome to SwapArms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined up.
    Looks like this will be an awesome place to deal with some trusted folks.
    I already see a bunch I know.
    As usual, have a good 'un, TCG
    Support our troops....they are somebody's kids!

Comment

Just signed in and things sure do look promising. Got a few thigs to trade but, will wait 'till I get my feet wet here. Thanks for starting this
      new web.. bigmac

Comment

I like this. Will look around. Am generally tripping over all kinds of things I really should trade off---- most likely for other things I will just trip over !!
        Do have one question.

If one is trading in black powder or pre 1898 firearms, do we still need to go through a FFL ?
        Might make a "sticky" out of the answer.
        Just thought I would bring it up considering the current political climate we are enjoying.

Comment

Originally posted by reg View Post
          I like this. Will look around. Am generally tripping over all kinds of things I really should trade off---- most likely for other things I will just trip over !!
          Do have one question.

If one is trading in black powder or pre 1898 firearms, do we still need to go through a FFL ?
          Just thought I would bring it up considering the current political climate we are enjoying.
          That's a good question. I will do some research into this.

Comment

From WET-STERN WA.

Hi all,

Nothing to trade right now, but I'm always looking for bits and pieces...

Jack...

Comment

Hello all. This sounds like fun. Great Idea.

Comment

Thanks for the positive thoughts on this. I sure hope it goes well for everyone! I am still working out everything on here so please check back often and tell everyone you know about this place! The more members the more items for trade!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunload Master View Post
                  That's a good question. I will do some research into this.

I might have to stand corrected on this but my understanding is that as long as a firearm is made pre 1898 ( there is a actual listing of these somewhere ) or is a black powder firearm, one does not have to go through a FFL.
                  Get this clarified and it might open things up a bit.

Comment

ditto a pre 1898 and a black powder firearm are not considered a firearm huh strange aint it , they do go boom .
                    Daniel Germann 1863 in his civil war uniform my great great grandfather.. lost his left arm from a musket ball in the war

Comment

Howdy Guys. My first time here but, been a Fan of ABT for awhile!

Comment

I just upgraded the forums over their Mad Dog, if you have any problems accessing the new forum let me know.. http://abt.gunloads.com

Comment

Just came over from Castboolits, I like it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by reg View Post
                            Do have one question.

Always check with your state or the state you are shipping to. A New built or non antique gun that fires a black powder cartridge does have to be shipped to an FFL.

'Antique' firearms need not be shipped to a licensed dealer. These can be shipped directly to the buyer. An antique firearm is a firearm built in or before 1898, or a replica thereof. The exact ATF definition of an antique firearm is:
                            Antique firearm. (a) Any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898; and (b) any replica of any firearm described in paragraph (a) of this definition if such replica (1) is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition, or (2) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.
                            Last edited by trappershrek; 02-05-2013, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Just found this place from a link on CastBoolits. Looks like a place to spend some time.

Any standard rules/ideas on how to do the trading? Would hate to send something off then never hear from the person again.

Thanks, EhlerDave.
                              Last edited by EhlerDave; 02-07-2013, 09:00 PM. Reason: spelling
                              Just smile, and let them guess how much you know.......

Comment

I havent finalized any real rules as of now. I'd like to keep restrictions down to a minimum.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎